Finishing the Greece is the Word Powerpoint (and POP Quiz)

   Today in class, we took a pop quiz on Ancient Greece (on the slides we covered the last few days). Since we had this class first mod, I was studying for my religion test before 8:00 and was not expecting this. I was mad because I got a 70% on it, and now my grade is going to lower. I do not like pop quizzes because I always do bad on them, and now I need a good score on my test to balance it out. Anyways, we finally finished the Greece is the Word powerpoint. Here were my last couple of notes I took on it today:

  • Aristotle was a student of Plato at the Academy
  • he helped foster the idea of Athens as an intellectual destination
  • his school - the Lyceum - focused on cooperative research - building on knowledge gathered from all over the world
  • Aristotle dreamed of having the sum of mankind’s knowledge easily accessed in one location
  • he wrote on these topics:
    • logic -- physics -- biology 
    • ethics -- politics -- rhetoric
    • motion -- theatre -- poetry
    • metaphysics -- psychology -- dreams… and on and on...
  • Aristotle tutored Alexander the Great

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dramas Performed in Ancient Greece

Thoughts on Mr. Schick's Blog

Poem... Well Kinda a Rap