Thoughts on Mr. Schick's Blog

   On yesterday's Western Civ. blog post, Mr. Schick posted a bunch of his thoughts on aspects of cyber school. One thing he mentioned in his list was accountability. During this time away from our regular school environment, we are finding that students really need to step up by focusing on doing our assignments with our 100% effort, by realizing the importance of doing our own work, and trying our hardest to manage our time so that we get our work done efficiently. I would completely agree with this. From my point of view, I am finding it harder to get my work done efficiently. Not only do we have an increased workload of schoolwork, but we have to give it our all and try our best on these assignments, with all the difficulties surrounding us. To be completely honest, I find myself wanting to just look up the answers to my work, but then I realize that I need to truly understand the subject/topic we're learning. This can make it even harder because, like Mr. Schick stated in his blog, we, as students, find ourselves having to teach ourselves at some point. I know from my personal experience that this is not the same environment as school, where you can go up to a teacher and ask questions based on what he or she is saying. Instead, we will usually have to read textbooks and take notes ourselves, have to complete worksheets on something that we might not have talked about a lot or at all, and might even have to find videos or explanations online if we are having a lot of trouble with the topic. For me, I tend to ask a good amount of questions in some classes, but I do not e-mail my teachers because they aren't that big of a deal. Therefore, I find that this can make my schedule change because I need to have an idea of how long work for a class will take me, when I can actually understand it. By doing this, I can manage my time wisely and get all my work done, efficiently. A final point that I would like to mention from Mr. Schick's blog is how he wrote that living in this time of crisis does not change who we are or how well we behave. This time of crisis does not make people bad. I can see both sides to the argument, but I agree with Mr. Schick. I think that all of us have a different work ethic and are different people in general. We do not necessarily change who we are because of this school routine in our homes. I believe that all of us are still the people we were in school, and we show the same habits. However, we are tempted to make mistakes, and even if we do, that's okay. Cyber school has gotten many people scrambling around to get their work done, but that does not mean that we become different people.

Comments

  1. On the one hand, I can see how cyber school would be a big challenge for you, because you ask questions in class and are always very engaged. On the other hand, you are organized and motivated, and will not be likely to let yourself fall behind. All in all, it is a struggle for everyone, but I have faith that we will all get through this. Looking forward to being back "in class" next week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dramas Performed in Ancient Greece

Poem... Well Kinda a Rap