Letter to my Future Self (LAST BLOG!!)

Dear Future Self,
This is a letter from you as a high school freshman. Wow, this past year has been crazy. In case you forgot, here is a little recap of what happened these past few months: Around about the middle of the third quarter, there was a virus that started to spread around the whole world. This virus is called Coronavirus or COVID-19. At first, none of us really took it seriously and we compared it to a minor flu. Eventually, we saw that that was not the case. Right now, it is the last week of school. Not school, but online school; and this virus has already affected and killed hundreds of thousands of people. Yeah so these past few months were not the best. To be honest, 2020, as a year, has been terrible- so much has happened. Anyways, back to the beginning of Coronavirus a few months ago: It was in March that John Carroll told us we were not to go to school anymore, for our safety. We all were quarantined these past couple of months and have been staying at home to socially distance ourselves from other. The governor released the stay-at-home order recently, but that does not mean we should be going out with others all the time. My mom has been freaking out about this whole situation. Over the course of what happened, I have felt a little scared at times, but I am hopeful that we can get through this. It is just a little disappointing to everyone. I feel bad for seniors who were supposed to have a nice, outdoor graduation like we have all pictured in our heads. When we were beginning online school, I really had to adapt to all the changes. It was hard making this shift, but if I compare myself from then to now, I know that I am more experienced and comfortable with it. At times, I have been confused and worried about our lives and what was going on with the world. It took me a while to fully accept and understand what was going on. One experience that I remember actually occurred recently. This was about a week ago and it was my first time going out in a while. Everyone was out with their masks on, making sure that they were keeping their distance from other people. I remember just being shocked. It was like I was watching a movie or something. Although it has been crazy, I just had to stay positive. I wouldn't say that things are turning around, but we are definitely on the path to recovery from this. However, I am sad about our summer to come. Summer starts soon. My family and I always travel to Italy in the summer and realizing that we probably might not be able to go anymore is sad. I do not think that this summer will be as eventful as those in the past, but it will be okay. I will be able to hang out with my friends soon, so that is exciting. I hope that next year we will able be able to come together again at school and eventually get our lives back to normal. I hope that we do not have our fall sport season or academic quarter/semester taken away because I do not want to go back to cyber school next year. So that's about it. I wonder how you, my future self, is doing. I wonder what job you have or where you live or who you are with at this very moment. At least for me, a high school freshman, I have no idea who I want to be or what I want to do in the future. Well, goodbye for now!
The best of wishes,
Your younger self, Giada

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dramas Performed in Ancient Greece

Thoughts on Mr. Schick's Blog

Poem... Well Kinda a Rap